Watching Trina stuttering and fight crying was kind of hard, and Sebastian was about to get out of his bed and try to comfort her, when she seemed to regain some composure. His questions remained unanswered, for the most part, except that she had come to see if he was okay. Had she left the moment his line went dead? She had to have, in order to get there so fast.
“It’s okay, honest, I don’t care.” As he said that, he thought how embarrassed he would be if she knew how hard he tried to call her. Well, what had happened? “I was just driving, came to a light, tried to brake and they just didn’t work. I don’t know what’s wrong with them, they haven’t told me anything at all. And I didn’t want to hit the car in front of me, so I swerved, ran into something and fell in the ditch. I don’t remember anything after that, until I was in the ambulance... So, did you leave as soon as I dropped the phone, or what?”
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment