Friday, November 2, 2007

related...?

It was almost a miracle that Trina wasn’t stopped for speeding on her way to Athens. Almost. She did, in fact know many back ways to get to the city, the shopping was amazing in Athens and she probably went there with friends at least twice a month. So, speeding like a slightly mad woman, Trina arrived in Athens about the time Sebastian managed to reposess his phone.
“Where are you?” Trina had sort of settled into a deadly calm after her initial freak out. The thirty minute drive had given her time to calm down.
“Oh my god, Trina? I'm so sorry, I'm at St. Mary's Hospital, but I'm okay—
“Okay, I’ll be there in like two seconds.” She hung up and headed to St. Mary’s. For some strange reason luck was on her side, because she actually happened to know where St. Mary’s was. The Hospital was fairly close to an obscure shopping center with a great low price shoe store Trina practically haunted when she was in a shoe-shopping mood. She passed the very place every time she visited Aunt Chrissa’s Shoe Bargains.

“I need the room number of Sebastian Ostergaard, please.” Trina addressed the hospital receptionist in as calm a tone she could manage despite the fact that she was almost shaking with jumbled emotions and adrenaline.
“I’m sorry, but he is in the emergency care and is only allowed visitation from family members.” The receptionists voice was like acid on Trina’s skin, but she was quick on the up take

“I’m his sister,” Trina saw the woman hesitate, “please, I’m very anxious about my brother,” Trina allowed some of her anxiety out until a few tears trickled down her cheeks. This successfully convinced the receptionist and she gave up the room number.

“Oh, my god, Seb,” Trina burst through the room door, ran to his bedside and practically threw herself on him. “I was so freaked out, I drove her in twenty minutes flat. What the hell happened?” A nurse walked by and peeked in, then left at the sight of Trina kneeling beside the boy’s bed almost completely dissolved in tears.

No comments: